Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thursday, February 19, 2009 Good News Stories (Margaret)

Controlling Humidity for Indoor Plants

I now know why my houseplants are getting brown leaves even though I have been watering them.

Click here to read more about houseplant care

Fast vs. Loving One's Neighbor

"I once ate chicken pot pie on Good Friday. It was the day I got home from the hospital after the birth of my first child. My very kind non-Catholic neighbor made us a welcome home dinner. I did a quick mental appraisal of the situation. I could either stick with the Good Friday rules on abstinence and offend my neighbor, or I could eat the meal graciously and demonstrate my appreciation for her thoughtfulness. I chose the second course of action."

Click here to read more


Catholic legislators must protect life, pope tells Speaker Pelosi

"Pope Benedict XVI met privately with U.S. Rep. Nancy Pelosi, speaker of the House of Representatives, and told her that all Catholics, especially those who are lawmakers, must work to protect human life at every stage."

Click here to read more about the Pope's meeting with Nancy Pelosi.

No comments: