Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 Good News Posts from Margaret

Why you need to pay down your debts ASAP

“Waking up this morning, I heard the news of recent 50,000+ layoffs announced by a a few major companies (Caterpillar, Home Depot’s Expo, etc.). They reported that the current unemployment rate is at 7% and they expect it to be over 10% by the end of 2009.

It doesn’t require a PHD economist to know that when fewer people have jobs people spend less, causing businesses to make less and in turn cut jobs. The cycle then repeats itself.”

Read more of this article here…


Brief, Rigorous Exercise Cuts Diabetes Risk

“Rigorous exercise of short duration can significantly affect the body's ability to process sugars and fight diabetes, a new study suggests.

In research published in the journal BMC Endocrine Disorders, scientists from Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh, Scotland, say they found that brief but intense exercise every day or two may help reduce the risk of diabetes.”

Read more about this study here…

Lacking Zzzs? 5 Ways to Get a Better Night's Sleep

“Tossing and turning all night long? Staring at the ceiling for hours, praying that sleep will come?

If you are one of the more than 100 million Americans who suffer from insomnia, sleep may be what you crave the most in your life.”

Read more of this article here…



Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow
“As I squeezed down the narrow hall outside of Delaney's preschool room, I said hello to a mom-friend. ‘I love Julie's hair!’ I said as I noticed her daughter's hairdo—all twisted into cute spirals and fastened with colorful clips.

My daughter, eager as ever, bounced into the classroom and dove into her teacher's arms. ‘I love Delaney's smile,’ my friend said, rather graciously, I thought, as I looked at the back of my blonde beauty's head. Delaney was clean, but her hair revealed our morning battle—the most she'd let me do was to partially brush it. Put her hair up in clips or, for that matter, any style? Not a chance!”

Read more here…


Snow Day! How to make the most of the unscheduled time

Click here for some suggestions for keeping the children busy on these snowy days.

No comments: