We wanted you to know we have been experiencing some technical difficulties all week on the site. We are working hard to fix the problems and get the site back online. For the time being we will be posting Good News from the blog site. This will be the only feed sent out until the site is back up.
Dave Barry on 2008:
"How weird a year was it?
Here's how weird:
• O.J. actually got convicted of something.
• Gasoline hit $4 a gallon -- and those were the good times.
• On several occasions, Saturday Night Live was funny.
• There were a few days there in October when you could not completely rule out the possibility that the next Treasury Secretary would be Joe the Plumber.
• Finally, and most weirdly, for the first time in history, the voters elected a president who -- despite the skeptics who said such a thing would never happen in the United States -- was neither a Bush NOR a Clinton."
to read the rest of the story...